RULES FOR CONDUCTING DONALD TRUMP TALKS
1. Always have an idea of what you are doing. It seems so simple, but more than once I came across situations where the other party had no idea what was going on. In such cases, I already knew in advance that success was guaranteed to me, and without much effort — only because of their unpreparedness for the meeting. My father often told me: “Always try to know everything that is possible, about what you are doing.” He was absolutely right, just like me, advising you the same thing. Listen to this advice.
2. Remember, to pretend to be a fool, you must be very clever. This will help you recognize the weaknesses of the partners and understand what they do not know. In addition, you will immediately feel when they try to force you to accept their conditions.
3. Keep them on their toes. What they do not know cannot hurt you, but for you this is an advantageous position. Knowledge is power, so save it for yourself.
4. Trust your intuition. In transactions, there are often situations where it is impossible to clearly distinguish – where is black and where is white, so it is important to trust your instinct. You will always be on a horse if you can combine preliminary training with the ability to listen to your intuition.
5. Do not limit your expectations. There is no established format in the negotiations, sometimes in the midst of a conversation I can change direction if a new interesting idea suddenly comes to my mind. Stay flexible and open to new ideas, even if you think you clearly know what you need to achieve. This approach opened up opportunities for me that I did not even think about.
6. Be able to say “No” in time. Now I can do it on the machine, but I know that for many it is not easy.
7. Be patient. I could see the results of some of my transactions only after decades, but, believe me, the preliminary training it. But first, make sure your project is worth your expectations.
8. To accelerate the course of negotiations, keep indifference. This way you can understand how interested the other party is.
9. Remember: the most successful negotiations are those when everyone is the winner. Here is the perfect deal, which is worth striving for. Indeed, in this case, you are laying the foundation for future deals with people who understand the essence of integrity.
Remember, negotiation is an art. And in order to achieve something in any kind of art, it requires discipline, sophisticated technology and a little imagination. Do not be an ordinary negotiator, since you can become extraordinary. Devote a certain time to this type of art, and the reward will not take long to wait. Successes!