FILARET GALCHEV. PRINCIPLES OF BUSINESS MANAGEMENT
The owner of Eurocement Group Filaret Galchev about the cost, Western managers, business valuation and pasta: principles of business management
• I am always in a good way envious of those involved in the real industry sector. “Bought-sold” is such, you know, virtual economy. And I wanted to see the process, production, how it all happens, it works
• In Russia, it is believed that the investment must be returned within two to three years, or even better, tomorrow. But I have nowhere to hurry. In Russia, there was a type of people who genetically loved industry: Morozov, Demidov, Tretyakov, Maltsov. At the expense of them and kept the whole country. I hope I’m from this category of people.
• Cost – a creative concept that can be manipulated
• If we strive to be like Western managers, we will not achieve anything in life. When I communicate with foreigners, they start telling me: this is not possible, this is not possible. Like, so do not accepted. But what does not mean? I answer: yes, now stop. This practice and these rules were formed over the years by people who met in the same way and established them. And now we have met, a new rule has appeared, which can have certain advantages and bring benefits to the economy and companies.
• Truth is the most correct philosophy. Be friends with your head and conscience. Earn everything at once uninteresting. And in the process of creation you get great pleasure. And the business system becomes sustainable
• Company valuation is largely a philosophical question.
• Usually they say that there is no such business that is not for sale. Everything, they say, depends on the price. But there are some specific internal rules by which you live. I now tell everyone: never sell my cement business. I dreamed about it. Not about cement, but generally about such scales. The weight of big money does not press on me. Some sell, it’s true. It must be hard for them
• I am not an IPO advocate. I do not believe in the institution of large free shareholders. I believe in partners who have their rights and responsibilities. I do not need to be evaluated, I already know how much my company is worth: my team, all my factories, furnaces
• We build relationships with our business partners regardless of surnames or degree of relationship
• I have been feeling very uncomfortable lately. I feel that they are looking at me and thinking: so, the car is beautiful, it looks great, there are yachts, there are airplanes here, and at the same time it does nothing at all! And money, money, money, nothing else. At the same time, like many big businessmen, I do not know how to rest. Simple middle managers are much freer, they use their earnings much more efficiently. They go to rest several times a year, dine in restaurants
• I don’t need much in this life. For example, I like simple food – pasta, chicken, and delicacies are not for me …